Friday, May 22, 2009

what's in your hand?

A few weeks ago I attended Maximum Impact 2009- Leadership That Inspires. The main current throughout the day was: DREAMS. So anytime subject comes up, immediately the voices start:

What ARE your dreams? WHEN was the last time you really dreamed?
Let’s be honest do you even have any dreams anymore, look at your boring
life….


In the past, that would have circled through my mind for weeks and months. THIS year I am proud to report that after lunch I was done with the voices and cleared them out!!!! Instead of choosing those feelings of defeat, I chose these words:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I
set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jer 1:5)


“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jer. 29:11)


For we are God's workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
(Eph 2:10)


So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not
return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall
prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Is 55:11, KJV)


So, going forward I decided to make sure my ears are open as God speaks. Fast forward a few days, and I am listening to Brian Houston from Hillsong church in aussie land; message title: “Use what’s in your hand”. Great message. Fast forward a few more days, where I rewind (reminiscent of the series LOST) to a show I had on DVR: Mike Murdock is talking about wisdom of course. He also goes into detail about finding purpose in things that burden, bother, and anger you.

Let’s fast forward one more time to today: Listening To Love, Honor, and Vaccum From this I moved on to a few more of her podcasts. In the middle I have this semi-eureka moment of realizing that God not only spoken his purpose in his Word, but he has physically handed me purpose by introducing me to 3 important influential people: God’s Man, fish stick, and chicken nugget.

My burden: dead marriages and children who do not know their worth
and value


My bother(s): husbands and wives that do
not experience God’s design for their

marriage; children
that grow up in a Christian home but do not know the Lord.

My anger: ANY dilution of God's Word!

I have arrived at this destination many times before, but have found myself wondering: “is that it?” I guess I feel differently this time. I don’t have those same feeling of lack as if I am being cheated by not having a more “influential” or spectacular platform like American Idol or a TV broadcast. This IS it! What could be worth it MORE than knowing that you created the best relationship that you could with your best friend WHILE you reared your children in the way God decreed (Deut 6:5-12):

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul
and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be
upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at
home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on
the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your
fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing
cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did
not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not
plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, be careful that you do not forget the
LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

WHAT’S IN YOUR HAND??

No comments: