Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 16 - 30 Day Challenge

Testing blogger email update. Here goes……………….

 

Know Yourself

After listening to a few podcasts this week on fear (False Evidence Appearing Real), I am getting to know myself.  I realize I have been operating out of fear. I have no fear in those BIG areas like:

 

·       the economy: gas prices/consumer price index/unemployment,

·       my health: blood pressure/ weight/BMI, or even

·       working: deadlines/pressure to perform/ advancement opportunities

 but in those seemingly small areas:

·       home life: dinner, bath time, bedtime

·       marriage: quality time, communication, date night

·       self: attitude, thought life, words

 

Those small areas can really get you.  “what if” is a common quote that runs through my mind. “How” is another familiar word that scatters through also.  So, last night I heard something and it gave me this idea.

 

To: Fear

Subject: Eviction

 

You are hereby notified to vacate the premises of my mind and my spirit. You have caused enough ruckus and trouble here and you are no longer welcome.  I have been given the spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world.